Return from adventures in the Yorkshire Dales to hearty market cooking, real ales and rustic elegance in this historic coaching inn
Generations of travellers have enjoyed the welcome at this grand 17th-century coaching inn; following a recent renovation its doors are open to all. Original features have been saved, including smooth oak floors, a fabulous inglenook fireplace in the grand entrance hall and the graceful sweeping staircase; comfortable sofas and chairs are upholstered in checked tartan wool. Locally sourced ingredients dominate a menu which places its emphasis on comfort: try Settle Pudding (tender braised beef with a suet lid) and homemade Scotch egg with thick-cut chips, and, if you can find room, the sticky toffee pudding is a must. The elegant but cosy dining room with its pleasingly mismatched furniture, panelled walls and old photos buzzes with friendly chat. If you're a Three Peaks bagger, a devotee of the stunning Settle to Carlisle railway or simply want to get away from it all you can stay in characterful bedrooms with five-star mattresses, white cotton bed linen, immaculate bathrooms, plasma screens and fresh milk for your morning cuppa. The historic town is worth exploring: lose yourself in its cobbled alleyways.
Local points of interest from Louise Van Delft:
Local points of interest from
Louise Van Delft:
- We are located at the foot of the Pennines and among the breath-taking scenery of North Yorkshire; making us perfect for walkers and explorers. Take a stroll or partake in the challenging 3 Peaks challenge or Pennine Journey.
- Settle is a bustling market town that comes alive on Tuesday when traders from far and wide meet in the town square. The streets are filled with quaint little shops selling homemade goods.
- We are located on the famous Settle-Carlisle Railway Line; a 73 mile line running through scenic regions of the Yorkshire Dales and North Pennines.
- Settle Folly is an impressive 17th Century House built on the old main road. It houses the Museum of North Craven Life; filled with exhibitions about local history throughout the year.
- White Scar Caves are not too far away. These caves are one of Britain’s largest cave formations, formed over 200, 000 years.
- Located only a few miles away the Yorkshire Dales Falconry Centre and Hawk Experience is home to around 40 birds of prey, including vultures, eagles, falcons and owls from around the world.
Pikalaina 18v. Hae edullisin pikavippi pikavippivertailu 2017 pikalaina fin-ov.com.