Set against the backdrop of the Yorkshire Dales and the banks of the River Wharfe, Grassington is a historic market town in Upper Wharfedale, North Yorkshire. This cobbled stone town has more of a village feel to it, with regular community events, and yet has the benefit of several specialty shops, cafes, restaurants and pubs. The Yorkshire Dales are known for their unpredictable weather but generally June, July and August are the driest and warmest months. The wettest months are October to January. Leeds Bradford International Airport is 25 miles away and the nearest train station is Skipton (9miles).
Things To Do in Grassington
- Stump Cross Caverns: Limestone cave system located at Nidderdale.
- Grassington Folk Museum: Local history museum including agricultural, geological and domestic artefacts.
- Grassington Festival: Workshops, live music, performances and cultural displays for 15 days in June.
- Grass Wood: 220 acres of woodland with walking trails and varied plant life.
- Fishing: Available on the River Wharfe and at Kilsney Trout Farm.
- Dickensian Festival: Victorian style festival on the three Saturdays before Christmas with musicians, dancers, performers, crafts and market stalls.
- 1940's Weekend: Includes vintage cars, market stalls, fancy dress and music from the 1940’s.
- Skipton Castle
- Horse Riding
- Golf: Skipton Golf Club.
People also viewedHoliday Cottages in Pickering
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Dales Holiday Cottages
Red Squirrel Cotterdale Hawes Yorkshire Dales
Snowing in Wensleydale