When you want to stop the world and get off, this is the place you want to be. In a stunning location nestling by the river Nidd, this relaxing luxury gay friendly B&B has it all including a charming host to help you leave all your troubles behind.
There can be few more dramatic views than right beside the towering Victorian railway viaduct with the ancient castle ruins, forest and river as its backdrop. The peaceful and historic market town of Knaresborough, provides an eclectic mix of restaurants, independent shops and fine old pubs. There are lovely walks to explore and enjoy. As the Railway station is only a 2 minute walk from the cottage, very quickly you can leave the car (free parking at Teardrop Cottage all day) and arrive in the spa town of Harrogate, with its International conference and exhibition centre, or the bustling cities of York or Leeds.
Knaresborough is also perfectly situated for trips to the Yorkshire Dales National Park, North Yorkshire moors and its spectacular coast.
- Where do you start with a spot like Knaresborough? Finely tuned and well connected. It really is the perfect place to visit.
- Hire a rowing boat, or enjoy lunch at Marigolds riverside cafe, or discover Mother Shiptons Cave, Yorkshires oldest tourist attraction.
- Michael himself. He'll offer the warmest of welcomes and there really is nothing that's too much trouble for him. If he can help his guests then he will and he comes armed with a mass of local knowledge about what to do and where to go.
- The nice little touches like fresh flowers in all the bedrooms and the communal guest lounge.
- The new roof terrace provides guests with the perfect place to relax and enjoy afternoon tea or an early evening glass of wine, at the same time taking in the spectacular river views.
- Freshly prepared, cooked and sourced, local produce feature prominently on the breakfast menu. Choices range from delicious fresh fruits and yogurt to scrambled egg with smoked salmon and cream cheese on a toasted bagel.
- There are four, individual and tastefully decorated bedrooms. The luxury ensuite king size room on the ground floor has French windows, leading to its own private courtyard garden, beautiful Laura Ashley furniture, flat screen LED TV with complete Sky package, and Bose iPod dock station.
- An inflatable or z-bed to accommodate an extra guest, can be placed in the ground floor luxury king size en-suite room. There would be an additional cost of £15.
- All rooms have soft luxurious bathrobes and towels, free Wi-fi internet connection, access to the roof terrace and a great assortment of complementary Taylor's teas and coffee, hot chocolate and treats.
- The beds are big and comfortable with fresh linen you'll want to linger in.
- The comfortable resident's lounge is available for guests who may prefer to pick up a book or board game and be more sociable.
- The ethos here is to relax and Michael will do all he can to help you do just that in this truly magical location.
- Teardrop can also provide a bottle of chilled champagne and a bouquet of fresh seasonal flowers in your room for an additional £50.
- We liked the Teardrop Cottage gift vouchers that are on offer...if you want a rather different gift for a friend.
- Free parking, WI-FI internet connection, and access to the stunning river view roof terrace, are available for all guests.