We regularly undertake staff satisfaction surveys. Here are some findings of the latest survey:
- Our employees would recommend North Yorkshire County Council as a place to work;
- Our staff are proud to work for North Yorkshire County Council;
- Our staff are highly motivated and prepared to go the extra mile at work;
- They believe they are given the development they need to do their job; and
- They are satisfied with the benefits they receive from the council.
The benefits of working for North Yorkshire County Council include:
- Flexible working practices;
- Final salary pension scheme;
- Relocation package; and
- Everybody Benefits scheme, offering discounts on goods and services, such as travel, cars, electrical goods and leisure activities.
Salary sacrifice schemes
- Child care vouchers: save up to 41 per cent against the cost of childcare;
- Cycle discounts: save up to 32 per cent against the cost of a cycle;
- Green lease cars: take a private lease on a new low-emission car of your choice, fully maintained and insured by the provider. Staff will enter into a three year agreement for 36 monthly gross salary deductions, which means a saving in tax, national insurance and pension. Eligibility criteria exist for this scheme;
- Home technology: take a private lease on the latest PCs, laptops, tablets, Smart TVs. Staff will enter into a three year agreement for 36 monthly gross salary deductions, which means a saving in tax and national insurance. Eligibility criteria exist for this scheme.
- Green travel loan scheme: an interest-free loan towards an annual season ticket to get you from home to work;
- Health and wellbeing: in addition to in-house occupational health services, preferential rates on a private health scheme are available through payroll deductions;
- Holiday discounts: available via the Everybody Benefits scheme;
- Leisure facilities discounts: various discounts on facilities run by district councils and some private gyms; and
- Eye care: staff who use a PC as a regular part of their job are entitled to a free eye test and potentially PC-specific spectacles.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
North Central Texas Council of Governments - Transportation
The North Yorkshire Innovation Fund - Horton Housing ...