A most unusual and unique, stone-built roundhouse, set in a beautiful walled garden just below King Richard’s castle in the ever popular Dales village of Middleham.
With outstanding views of the surrounding area, this lovingly restored Middleham cottage provides a perfect retreat for couples and those seeking a romantic break in a perfect little round castle.
Furnished to a high standard throughout and retaining many of the original features, including a woodburning stove, beams and the original turreted windows, these features all add to the immense charm of this Dales cottage.
This cottage in Middleham features an open plan living area with a modern well-equipped kitchen, dining area and sitting area, all set up to provide a warm and cosy holiday home.
The first floor boasts a galleried bedroom with stylish furnishings, two turreted windows overlooking the garden and a lovely en-suite shower room.
Enjoy sitting out in the walled garden or taking a lovely stroll around the village.
Guests can also enjoy the wonderful atmosphere of this famous horse racing town, or take a walk onto Penn Hill and watch the horses training on the gallops.
The amenities of Middleham are on the doorstep, including excellent old pubs and local eateries, as well as a castle dating back to the 11th century.
Hawes, with its Dales Countryside Museum, Wensleydale Creamery, Aysgarth Falls and Jervaulx Abbey is just a short drive away.
The Forbidden Corner at Leyburn, just three miles away, is an extraordinary 4 acre garden containing a labyrinth of tunnels, follies and other surprises.
With the Northern Dales and the Lake District waiting to be discovered further afield, this charming Middleham cottage has that little touch of magic!
One double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
- Electric central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, shared use of freezer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Power inc. in rent
- Logs only inc. in rent for stove from start of October to end of March
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Small patio area with furniture and shared use of the walled gardens
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 1 min walk
- Note: Only logs are provided for the stove from October to March
- Firelighters and kindling can be purchased locally
- Outside of these months guests must provide their own logs, firelighters and kindling
- Note: No children under 18 years including infants.
Leyburn 2.5 miles; Richmond 12 miles.
The attractive Wensleydale town of Middleham is renowned for its history and race horses. Much of the history is bound up with its Norman castle, which dates from 1190 and has a castle keep second in size only to the Tower of London. The horses are a great sight as they make their way to the gallops every morning. The pretty market square is partially cobbled and offers a range of shops, pubs and places to eat. The bustling market town of Leyburn is just a short drive away offering a variety of great shops and pubs, or why not take some time to explore The Forbidden Corner, a unique labyrinth of tunnels, chambers and surprises set amidst 4 acres of grounds, providing a fun day out for all the family? All in all a superb base for exploring Wensleydale and all within easy driving distance of York, the North York Moors and the Yorkshire Dales and Heritage Coast.
Note: No children under 18 years including infants.