Located on the outskirts of the moorland village of Danby, The Moors National Park Centre is at the very heart of the North York Moors – set in a former shooting lodge on the banks of the River Esk. It’s a free day out in some of Yorkshire’s finest scenery.
Inside the Centre
Learn about the National Park’s gorgeous villages, historic attractions, and tranquil moors and dales:
- Moorland stories, heritage and wildlife displays
- Visitor information, gift shop, local crafts, ale and food
- Country café with garden seating
Out and about
Enjoy a big breath of moorland fresh air:
- Picnic in our beautiful grounds
- Explore the wood-boggle houses and sit at the story-telling chair in Crow Wood
- Follow the woodland trail to the bird hide
…is the name of our acclaimed gallery:
- Panoramic paintings, dramatic photography, unique ceramics, colourful textiles – what will inspire you today?
- Current exhibitions, workshops and events are featured on the
Go for it – no time to waste!
- Meet the wildlife on the riverside sculpture trail
- indoor climbing wall, outdoor adventure playground
- events, activities, quizzes & trails