- Employment courses to help improve and learn new work skills to get back into work;
- English, maths and IT courses;
- Foundation courses in accounts and finance, business administration, early years and childcare, health and social care, hospitality and catering and working in schools;
- Health, leisure and community activities including family learning; and
- Supportive learning courses for adults with learning difficulties or disabilities.
Our priority is to help adults gain the skills and qualifications needed for employment and to help people who are disadvantaged by social, economic and health barriers.
We provide a free information and advice service to help you choose the best route to develop your career and job prospects. Contact your area office to book an appointment.
Business training for employers
We also deliver apprenticeships and specialised training to staff in local businesses. Our professional training courses are accredited by national awarding organisations including AAT, City and Guilds, NCFE and the British Computing Society. We may be able to access government funding streams that could support the training and development of your employees and ultimately improve your business. Our business engagement team will work closely with you to deliver a tailored training programme that meets your business needs and those of your employees.
Our aim is to be the first choice for professional, workforce training for businesses across North Yorkshire. To find out more, please contact your local area office.
You can view our business training guide here [1Mb].
Download a prospectus for your area
The latest prospectus for your area is also available to browse and print below.
Adult learning and skills service - subcontracting arrangements
You can view our supply chain fees and charges here [67kb] for details of our subcontracting arrangements and pricing schedule.
Could you lend a hand in your local community to help tackle digital isolation? If you can, we'd like to hear from you. Find out more about the digital neighbours scheme in our leaflet [1Mb].