The Charles Bathurst Inn holds a civil ceremony license and offer private function rooms for wedding breakfasts and evening receptions.
We can seat up to 70 people in our Terrace Room and can accommodate smaller parties in our dining rooms.
Our excellent reputation for locally sourced, seasonal and expertly prepared food means we are able to create a bespoke special wedding menu that reflects your tastes and the season, accompanied by great wines and ales from our extensive selection. Our professional and friendly staff will be on hand to assist you to plan your big day, within budget.
We have 19 en-suite bedrooms, for your guests to stay with us while enjoying your celebrations. All of the bedrooms are tastefully decorated and have marvelous views of the surrounding Yorkshire Dales. The Punch Bowl our sister Inn at nearby Low Row (only 3 miles away) offers 11 additional en-suite bedrooms if required.
We appreciate the finer details and planning required to make your special day one to remember and are happy to recommend local suppliers who can help you with the finishing touches.
Please contact us for a wedding pack and an appointment to meet with a member of our staff who will take time to show you the venue and discuss your specific requirements face to face.
Our wedding room hire fee includes: the use of the terrace room, the terrace bar, our table linen, extra staffing costs and meetings with your wedding planner and any administration fees.
Room Hire Charges:
Midweek (Monday to Thursday) – £150
Weekend (Friday to Sunday) – £250
The cost to hold your civil ceremony with us:
Midweek (Monday to Thursday) – £150
Weekend (Friday to Sunday) – £225
The Charles Bathurst Inn offers 19 award winning en-suite bedrooms*, for your guests to stay with us while enjoying your celebrations and a further 11 en-suite bedrooms* are available at our sister establishment The Punch Bowl in nearby Low Row www.pbinn.co.uk.
(*Accommodation minimum of two nights stay at a weekend)
Menus – Spring Summer
(April to September)
Set Wedding Menus click here
Evening Wedding Hot Fork Buffets
Alternative Wedding Evening Buffets coming soon…
Wine List & Drinks
Seating Plan Ideas
A – 56 people – click here
B – 58 people – click here
C – 68 people – click here
D -76 people – click here
We recommend that you contact the Richmond Registry Office to check that the day and time for your wedding are available with the registrar before confirming times with us. Please note the above fees only cover the venue, there will be additional fees charged by the registrar for attending the ceremony.
Richmond Registration Office:
12 Queens Road, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 4AE
Whether it is for wedding dresses, photographers, discos or wedding cakes click here to see our recommended suppliers.
Terms and Conditions
Wedding Reception or Dinner Party
- A £300 deposit is required to secure the terrace room for your wedding/party. Deposits are non-refundable.
- We will require final numbers and menu choices 4 weeks before the wedding. It is this final number of guests which will be charged for or the final number of guests on the day, whichever is greater.
- Weddings cancelled more than a year in advance will lose their deposit.
- Weddings cancelled more than 6 months up to a year will incur a 25% cancellation fee.
- Weddings cancelled more than 3 months up to 6 months prior to the wedding will incur a 50% cancellation charge.
- Weddings cancelled more than a month up to 3 months prior to the wedding will incur a 75% cancellation charge.
- Cancellations made one month prior to the wedding will incur a 100% cancellation charge.
- We always recommend taking out wedding insurance in the unfortunate event you have to cancel your booking.
- (Charges are calculated as a percentage of the total booking value at the time of cancellation)
- At a weekend bedrooms are only available for a minimum of two night’s stay.
- Guests are required to pay a £50 deposit on booking. Deposits are non-refundable.
- Accommodation cancelled more than a month prior to arrival – loss of deposit.
- Accommodation cancelled one month prior to arrival will incur a 50% cancellation charge.
- Cancellations made one week prior to arrival will incur a 75% cancellation charge.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of the 3pm check-in time will incur a 100% cancellation charge.
- Any charges will be automatically deducted from the guarantee card.
- We always recommend taking out travel insurance in the unfortunate event you have to cancel your booking.